Sports Premium is funding that is directly spent on PE, sport and outdoor learning. We receive £8,000 and an additional payment of £5 per pupil.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. This means that we use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- run sport competitions
- run sports activities with other schools
Click below to see how we spend our funding and the impact it has had.